Our client, a large engineering company are looking for an IT Support Manager who will be based at their offices in West Sussex, near Crawley.
The purpose of this stand alone role will be to provide support in monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks within the company.
Key Responsibilities of the IT Support Manager:
- Provide support via an IT helpdesk for company staff
- Purchase new IT hardware and software
- Build, configure and install desktop PC’s, laptops and printers
- System up-grades and add-ons
- Provide support with phone systems, door security and CCTV
- Maintaining supplier telecommunications accounts used by the company.
- Controlling the company IT budget
- Process Maps, supporting the Viflow system
- Maintain the company IT authorisation database and record all hardware that has been issued to staff.
- Carry out random security checks on the company IT system
- Take on responsibility for the communications room and equipment
- Provide IT training for company staff
- Maintain and update the company Intranet site
- Liaise with the company’s other IT departments, around the world.
- Attend the company’s annual IT conference
- The ability to work under pressure with good organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, also with high numerate skills.
- Great customer services skills, with the ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism when dealing with suppliers.
- Ability to work well different departments.
- Experienced in supporting users in all aspects of IT, with the ability to support people in challenging situations.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office, SAP B1, LAN and Wan.
Benefits and working hours:
- Annual Bonus up to 6% (PRBS)
- Holiday bonus payments around 10% in addition after full qualifying period.
- Pension (the company pays 8%)
- Private Medical Insurance.
- 25 days holiday +bank holidays (rising to 30 days after 5 years with the company)
- Working hours – Monday to Friday 9am-5pm