A well-established, prestigious company in the heart of Guildford are looking for a Warehouse/Auction Assistant to join their team as a new key member of staff. We would love to hear from you if you have a good sense of humour as well as a diplomatic character and enjoy working as part of a close-knit team. Holding a forklift licence would also be a distinct advantage.
The Warehouse/Auction Assistant will have the following responsibilities;
- Unloading pallets and organising items onto shelves.
- Upload details onto excel spreadsheet before they are downloaded onto auction software.
- Photographing items.
- Helping customers on sale day with collecting their items.
- Assisting Auctioneers on auction day with on-line bidding platform. (training will be provided)
- Working at off-site sales when appropriate
The successful candidate for the Warehouse/Auction Assistant role should have the following experience/skills;
- This position will be of interest to an individual who wish to pursue a career in an auction house.
- Possess accurate keyboard skills.
- The ability to work well within a close-knit team of professionals.
- The individual should ideally be a local.
- A good sense of humour is essential as well as an assertive but diplomatic character.
- Often will be dealing with members of the public and a strong resilient personality will also be an attribute.
- Working under pressure, balancing conflicting priorities and being well organised are also desirable traits.
- Candidate should have some understanding and experience of excel but training will be given.
Benefits and working hours;
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays.
- Bonus linked to profitability.
- Life Assurance and Permanent Disability Assurance.
- Lunch provided on auction days.
- Monday (Auction Day) – 7.30am to auction finish (around 6-7pm)
- Tuesday to Friday – 7.30am to 4.00pm
- Overtime is paid on Wednesdays and Thursdays if worked passed 4.00pm
- Salary £17,000 - £18,500 pa